How to get to TinTing from Norway
The flight time directly from Norway to Senegal is about 8 hours – excluding stopovers. The closest airport to TinTing is at Banjul in Gambia – where our driver will pick you up at the airport and take you to TinTing. When you come to see us at TinTing you don’t have to worry about a thing after landing in Banjul. Our driver will meet you, and you stay overnight at our usual hotel if your arrival is so late that we don’t reach the border before it closes at 7 PM. The next day we drive you to Senegal and TinTing, a journey which takes an hour and a half to two hours.
Pickup at the airport, accomodations and breakfast in Gambia at our regular hotel cost NOK 400,-
FLIGHTS TO BANJUL
Several airlines operate flights from Norway and Sweden to Banjul in Gambia, which is the nearest airport to TinTing.
Price vary depending on season and airline.
You can book your flight yourself, or you can ask us to assist you by checking the box when you book your stay. This will cost 200 NOK
- Brussels Airlines flies from Oslo. Flight time is around 11 hours, including a 2,5 hour stopover in Brussels or Frankfurt. Comfortable and reliable, flights year round. Price around 7,000 – 8,000 NOK, higher in high season.
- Norwegian/SAS from Oslo to Manchester/London and onwards by Thomas Cook to Banjul More reasonable. Arrival early afternoon.
- Vueling from Oslo via Barcelona to Banjul.
- Ving.se (choose Sista Minuten or Endast flygstol), flights from Stockholm, a reasonable alternative. One, two or three weeks.
- Royal Air Maroc from Stockholm via Casablanca to Banjul. Also reasonable.
- You can also fly to Dakar and take the boat or fly to Ziguinchor, the regional capital in Casamance. We pick you up there.
TRANSPORTATION COSTS TO AND FROM THE AIRPORT
Fuel is expensive in Senegal, so transfer to TinTing will cost around 750 NOK each way.
We bring everybody back to the airport for departure.